Saturday, December 11, 2010

Home at Last

I made it through my finals and back to Wyoming without much trouble, which is fantastic. Finals week always stresses me out unnecessarily- I get all panicky and psych myself out, and then my poor stressed brain decides a good way to cope with this would be to not get any sleep whatsoever.

But I'm finally home, which means I have my room all to myself and - wait, is that meowing at the door? Oh, it's my cat, Owen. Sure, you can come in. You want to sleep on my face? Um, I'd rather you'd move down further... Ouch! Ok, fine, you can sleep there. Please don't suffocate me in the night. Then I'd miss Christmas and that would be super unfortunate.

*4 1/2 hours later*

"... coming up next on NPR, our reporters take a look at how goddamn stupid Sarah Palin is, and then we look at the shortcomings of the Republican party in general. Isn't being liberal grand? This message was brought to you by generous donations from the Arthur P. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation."
Wah? Snort... Cat in my face... What time is it?Oh god, it's not even 6 am. Must my parents have their NPR alarm be so loud? 
It's fine, it's fine, I'll just go back to sleep. No big deal.

*45 minutes later*

DO THE PRETTY GIRL ROCK, ROCK ROCK!
Sweet Jesus what is that! God, my ears are bleeding! Why is my bed shaking? It's like someone interrupted my dreams of sugarplums and gingerbread to show me their baby-seal clubbing music while simultaneously killing my hopes for world peace!
Oh, no wait. It's my sister, playing music while she gets ready to go to school this morning. With the bass on our stereo turned up to "kill the unborn".
Ok, I'll just wait for it to stop and her to go to school.

*30 minutes later*

LIL WAYNE SAYS SOME PRETTY TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT SOME POOR WOMEN I'M PRETTY SURE ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE AT TOP VOLUME

Fuck it. I'm getting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment