Friday, April 22, 2011

9 Reasons Why Tumblr is Awesome


1.     It’s fairly anonymous, if you want it to be.

2.     Said anonymity allows me to be as weird, profane, blasphemous, and bitchy as I want to be, because nobody can tell my mom on me.

3.     It’s super addictive.

4.     It’s the perfect combination of media that satisfies my Generation Y attention-deficit brain.

5.     Its instantaneous updates allow for a constant stream of new and exciting things.

6.     Vying for more followers appeases the attention-needy person that secretly lives inside me.

7.     I get a peek inside random people’s lives, and can then judge them silently on them, without anyone giving me disapproving looks.

8.     I discover cool new music/pictures/fashions/subcultures/memes every second.

9.     I get to be part of internet groups and communities that I might never get a chance to participate in real life.
I dunno what this is. I just googled "gypsy circus" because that was the first randomly obscure thing that popped into my head.

Yes, I have a tumblr account. No, I won’t tell you what it is. Most of you people who read this I know in real life, and remember how I said I like the anonymity? Yeah, if you knew about it, it wouldn’t be so anonymous anymore now would it?
That’s what I thought.

If you don’t know what tumblr is… well, it’s basically like a combination of twitter, facebook, and a blog. You have an account, and you post things that interest you on your page: everything from youtube videos, pictures. .gifs, quotes, bits of text, etc. You also follow people who do the same thing, so your homepage or “dashboard” is a constant flood of random information from all the people you follow. Kinda like facebook, but not quite.

And I’m super addicted to it. Ah well. It’s probably a good thing I don’t have a smart phone, or else I’d really be on it 24/7. Such is the nature of my generation, I suppose. Always connected, all the time.
I feel like this book pretty much predicts the future. the terrible, terrible future. Jersey Shore is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment